A literary arts organization I follow on Facebook occasionally posts, “In six words or fewer, write a story about…” and people reply with their miniscule stories. Fun thing to share! Here is the prompt from yesterday:
In six words or fewer, write a story about a first time.
- The butterflies danced in my stomach.
- “I can do that!” Then did.
- On stage: terror, then euphoria.
- Wrote six-worded story, this one.
- Earth far below, she leapt forward.
- She felt the secured rope knot.
- Tentative at first, I surrendered.
- Extreme trepidation buoys my intricate preparations.
- Blood ruined my silver sharkskin pants.
- Downy wings unfold, bravely stretching skyward.
- Time of death: six forty-five.
- The students parted seas while walking!
- Hesitantly approaching the door of hope.
- Mother called me, I was busy.
- Screaming. Cut. Painful. Crying. Messy. Laughing.